Friends of the Rosary:
We celebrate today the memorial of St. Monica, the mother of St. Augustine, while we pray the Rosary driving around Greenwich, Connecticut.
St. Monica, a fourth-century saint born in the north of Africa, is a role model for incessant prayers. Through over two decades of prayer and tears, she gave the great Augustine to the Church of God.
Also, with patience and prayer, Monica obtained the conversion of her husband, a pagan named Patricius.
Today is also, the feast of Mary, Health of the Sick, as well as the feast of the Seven Joys of the Blessed Virgin Mary, also known as The Franciscan Crown Rosary.
The Joys of Mary remembered in the devotion are these:
- The Annunciation of the Angel to Mary
- The Visitation of Mary to Elizabeth
- The Nativity of Our Lord
- The Adoration of the Magi
- The Finding of Jesus in the Temple
- The Resurrection of Our Lord
- and The Crowning of Our Lady, Mary, in Heaven as Queen
Jesus, I Trust In You!
St. Monica, Pray for Us!
+ Mikel A. | RosaryNetwork.com, New York