Friends of the Rosary:
Jesus said to the seventeenth-century nun and mystic St. Margaret Mary Alacoque:
“Behold this Heart which has loved men so much, and yet men do not want to love Me in return. Through you, My divine Heart wishes to spread its love everywhere on earth.”
The Devotion to the Sacred Heart calls for a fundamental attitude of conversion and reparation, love and gratitude, apostolic commitment, and dedication to Christ and his saving work.
In the apparitions to St. Margaret Mary Alacoque, Jesus gave these twelve promises to those who are devoted to His Sacred Heart.
- I will give them all the graces necessary for their state of life.
- I will establish peace in their families.
- I will console them in all their troubles.
- They shall find in My Heart an assured refuge during life and especially at the hour of their death.
- I will pour abundant blessings on all their undertakings.
- Sinners shall find in My Heart the source of an infinite ocean of mercy.
- Tepid souls shall become fervent.
- Fervent souls shall speedily rise to great perfection.
- I will bless the homes where an image of My Heart shall be exposed and honored.
- I will give priests the power of touching the most hardened hearts.
- Those who propagate this devotion shall have their names written in My Heart, never to be effaced.
- The all-powerful love of My Heart will grant to all those who shall receive Communion on the First Friday of nine consecutive months the grace of final repentance; they shall not die under my displeasure, nor without receiving their Sacraments; My heart shall be their assured refuge at that last hour.
Pope St. John Paul II wrote:
“The Heart of Christ must be recognized as the heart of the Church: It is He who calls us to conversion, to reconciliation.
It is He who leads pure hearts and those hungering for justice along the way of the Beatitudes.
It is He who achieves the warm communion of the members of the one Body.
It is He who enables us to adhere to the Good News and to accept the promise of eternal life. It is He who sends us out on a mission.
The heart-to-heart with Jesus broadens the human heart on a global scale.”
A partial indulgence is granted to the faithful, who piously recite the Act of Reparation to the Sacred Heart. A plenary indulgence is granted if it is publicly recited on the feast of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus.
Jesus, I Trust In You!
+ Mikel A. | RosaryNetwork.com, New York