Friends of the Rosary,
Lent is a spiritual preparation to rebuild our lives. We need to start with the fundamentals of our faith. These fundamentals of our moral and spiritual life are the Ten Commandments, as we read about last Sunday (Ex 17:3-7).
Do we know them—or just remember them from our First Communion? For examining our conscience, we refer to the Ten Commandments [Listed below]
Breaking any of the commandments means to be under mortal sin, that is, in no communion with Jesus Christ. Therefore, we cannot receive any sacrament.
In this case, we must attend confession, repent, and appeal to the mercy and love of Jesus. Lent is the perfect time to convert and start a new stage in our spiritual life.
[Written by Mikel A | TheRosaryNetwork.org, New York]
The Ten Commandments / Catechism of the Catholic Church
1. I am the LORD your God: you shall not have strange Gods before me.
2. You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.
3. Remember to keep holy the LORD’S Day.
4. Honor your father and your mother.
5. You shall not kill.
6. You shall not commit adultery.
7. You shall not steal.
8. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
9. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife.
10. You shall not covet your neighbor’s goods.
Comment by Bishop Barron / March 2021