Friends of the Rosary:
The feast of Our Lady of Sorrows that we observe today invites us to reflect on Mary’s deep suffering and the seven great sorrows which She lived in relation to Her Son. These are Mary’s seven sorrows:
1. In the prophecy of Simeon (fourth Joyful Mystery): “You yourself shall be pierced with a sword – so that the thoughts of many hearts may be laid bare.” (Luke 2:35).
2. On the flight into Egypt; “Get up, take the child and his mother, and flee to Egypt.” (Mt 2:13).
3. Having lost the Holy Child at Jerusalem (fifth Joyful Mystery); “You see that your father and I have been searching for you in sorrow.” (Luke 2:48).
4. Meeting Jesus on his way to Calvary (fourth Sorrowful Mystery);
5. Standing at the foot of the Cross (fifth Sorrowful Mystery); “Near the cross of Jesus there stood His mother.” (John 19:25). 6. Jesus being taken from the Cross; 7. At the burial of Christ.
Jesus, I Trust In You!
+ Mikel A. | RosaryNetwork.com, New York