The Rosary Network | New York
Friends of the Rosary,
Today is the solemnity of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus (Sacratissimum Cor Iesu, in Latin). This old devotion was popularized in the 17th century by the French nun St. Marguerite Marie Alacoque.
The devotion presents the long-suffering love and compassion of the heart of Christ towards humanity.
Jesus showed a profound and passionate love for mankind until the point of dying for us, so we can follow His footsteps to the eternity.
In the apparitions to St. Marguerite Marie Alacoque, Jesus revealed twelve promises for those who are devoted to His Sacred Heart.
The first three are: I will give them all the graces necessary for their state of life; I will establish peace in their families; I will console them in all their troubles.
Let’s find our refuge in the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
[Written by Mikel A]
- I will give them all the graces necessary for their state of life.
- I will establish peace in their families.
- I will console them in all their troubles.
- They shall find in My Heart an assured refuge during life and especially at the hour of their death.
- I will pour abundant blessings on all their undertakings.
- Sinners shall find in My Heart the source of an infinite ocean of mercy.
- Tepid souls shall become fervent.
- Fervent souls shall speedily rise to great perfection.
- I will bless the homes where an image of My Heart shall be exposed and honored.
- I will give to priests the power of touching the most hardened hearts.
- Those who propagate this devotion shall have their names written in My Heart, never to be effaced.
- The all-powerful love of My Heart will grant to all those who shall receive Communion on the First Friday of nine consecutive months the grace of final repentance; they shall not die under my displeasure, nor without receiving their Sacraments; My heart shall be their assured refuge at that last hour.