• October 1, 2021, Rosary Today 7:30 pm ET, YouTube.com/TheRosaryNetwork
• Audio Podcast available by 6:00 pm ET
Friends of the Rosary:
Today is the memorial of the French, Discalced Carmelite nun in the nineteenth century, St. Therese of the Child Jesus and the Holy Face, more popularly known as St. Therese of Lisieux, or the “the Little Flower.”
She died of consumption on September 30, 1897, at the age of 24.
“The Little Flower” attained a very high degree of holiness by carrying out her ordinary daily duties with perfect fidelity, having a childlike confidence in God’s providence and merciful love.
Declared Doctor of the Church by Pope Saint John Paul II, she was always ready to be at the service of others at all times. She prayed especially for priests.
Her interior life is known through her autobiography called Story of a Soul.
Jesus, I Trust In You!
St. Therese of the Child Jesus, Pray for Us!
+ Mikel A. | TheRosaryNetwork.org, New York
- Society of the Little Flower
- National Shrine of the Little Flower in Royal Oak, Michigan
- Basilica of the National Shrine of the Little Flower in San Antonio, Texas.